Do you dread Monday mornings? Do you spend Sundays wishing the weekend didn’t go so fast?
If this sounds like you, you’re not alone. Not many people skip to work on a Monday. But if you count the hours until Friday afternoon every.single.week … perhaps it’s time for a change.
There’s a lot more to starting your job search than updating your CV.
Before you start surfing SEEK and sending out CVs, ask yourself these questions:
- What do I like about my current job?
- What are my key achievements from my current role? What am I most proud of?
- Why am I looking for a new job?
- What things are important to me in my next role?
- What kind of company culture and people do I want to work with?
Going through this thought process (and perhaps discussing it with a friend) will get you in the right headspace to hit the job search.
When you’re ready to update your CV, check out these tips from Heart Recruitment – 10 tips for an awesome CV.